Thursday, April 15, 2010

Bhajji on Bliss

It was a particularly annoying evening with water shortage, power shortage, shortage of relaxation after a day's work of an ordinary Software engineer, however, there was no shortage of the rain when the heavens opened and quenched thirsting Bangalore with a collateral of course- Uprooted Trees, speaking of God's weird ways. Anyhoo, it does not call for a particularly navigable traffic with a Moong Dal to buy. My previous 2 attempts of buying Moong Dal to satisfy my particularly discerning Wife was a failure and I had to, had to get lucky third time around, it was time to act Amigos, get married and you would understand and make me your hero.
  
However all this I didn't know, I didn't know it was to rain, I didn't know that there will be power cum water shortage. I leave office a little late than usual with a dread- my wife would be hungry and hungry Wives are dangerous. It almost sounded like hungry wolves are dangerous isn't it?. I forgot to pack any food from the "The Bay Foodcourt" I had already started. As a discerning General of Corps Husbandry managing my front I had to gather intelligence. I call trying to be calm and composed and ascertain the topology of the husband-wife dynamics at the moment. The dispatch from the war zone read "No Water Stop Wife Cooking Bhaji Stop No Power Stop" the odds read 2 to 1 for TROUBLE. Thats not a bad odd considering I have dealt with far sinister ones and my wife is not going to be hungry...pooh pooh...I am a seasoned veteran.

With a successful raid for Moong Dal I march for home turf. I call up the security about the water problem.

"No Water Before 8 read 9 pm"

At home I actually find my wife,  Rini, not marshaling a regiment but actually scampering like a naughty kid with excitement and I melt General of Corps Husbandry is "AT EASE". After the precious husband and wife talk of day's events, gossips, love, Bangalore bitching and love, I start chewing on the Haldirams. Its raining and its dark with Rini blissfully frying away, the Chilly and Corn Bhaiji. For the first time in many months Bangalore is actually cool with a cool spray in your face standing on the balcony, rain, and Rini cooking away "Oh!! When will she be done and I start eating!!??!!!"

Sure I annoy her wits end bit Rini is very caring with the first batch of Chilly Bhajji and Maggi Hot & Sweet Tomato Chilly Sauce-Its Different. What did I do to deserve this but hey you don't mess with questions when the going is GOOD, you blend with the flow. Sure I have been hard on Rini plenty of times with her worldly likes and dislikes, wants and aspirations and me so philosophical, critical, and skeptical, and tad too patient. She a Ball of Energy and myself a more laid back leisurely. The proverbial Yin-Yang and myself and Rini in a Cosmic Dance creating the world we share together every second of everyday.

From Cosmos to 207 Aster, Rakesh Fantasy Garden, my favorite sauce and my favorite Bhajis and the rain outside and its all dark, awesome. Every bite melts in you mouth and the sauce and the hot chilly touch your tongue and the fireworks of flavor work your palate and nostrils and the dark misty rain outside and the cool chill soothing your very bones with more Bhajis to come. AH, This is Nirvana!!!!

My palate is all fired and the water is not enough to quench but still I devour and devour still more. Rini comes looks at me is all smiles. For a consummate cook all they want are happy faces with their food or pieces of Gastronomic Art in the patron's mouth. She had one or two intermittently and her mind was only on the rest- Corn Bhajjis. What Rini missed today in her attire is a artist's berret. What is a berret you ask? Its a kind of hat that looks like this



The moment, the experience would forever remain and possibly saved for posterity in this blog as for me I feel grateful for the moment I and Rini shared with the Bhajis. In this dynamics of the husband and wife this I would say is a song. I bless her all the more and I am grateful.

No comments: