Thursday, May 26, 2005

Why focussed perception ?

Musings asked me "Why focussed perception as the URL?"

I had considered writing boring, it was just that it never amused me. I was more keen to wander into the forest or pick up fights for no reason (won some, lost some, felt bad when I lost and felt bad when I won). Never respected anybody, fact is I still dont- Call me an Iconoclaust. Ya, I just hit the real core of my thinking. I DO NOT RESPECT ANYTHING-never did. I cannot stand when someone extols -- for that matter even the Mahatma. I used to bristle when the kid next door got the first rank and my mom goes "Seeee! He is a Goooood Boy and Youuuu?". Never respected my teachers baring from the recent exception - My Masters Thesis Guide. Well he suited my persona- He just let me free, just cut me lose into exploring a theoretical difficulty in its minutaea. Bang, I just hit my answer to the conundrum that was aching my head. I thrive when I am free. I am a sociopath when I am told to act, to behave and to comply.

Frankly, before begining the above paragraph, I did not know what to begin with to answer "Why focussed perception?". Then I thought, "Hey! Why did things happen to me as they did and why not try writing about it?". It was unclear to me, I did not believe that I knew my answer but writing just shoveled it out from all the noise thats within my cranium.

The issue that was aching my head-- Why was I so irritable when I was a kid?

The answer is-- Being a single kid with dotting mom curtailed my freedom and I am at my optimum best only when I am cut lose, needless to say the hard time my folks had. Its true, what to do ! :(

So, its a problem in Graph Theory of finding the shortest path from point A (The problem) to point B (The solution which is actually unknown), Phew! Whats the big deal! Perform a Dijkstra!. Ok, I apologize for being such a geek. The Mathematics of the problem is as yet undefined so I have to resort to something else--WRITING.

Lets, see the first para again. I try and put a valiant effort to highlight the symptoms of the problem. Bang, I got the question that was aching my head. So far so good. With this premise many more stuff came out as a consequence. A sequence was built in my head.

[ 3, 7, 37, 737, Whats the next number in the sequence? 37737, YEEEHAAAWWWWW :). I got the answer, No!, not a frivolous number, You #@!. ]

If you made sense from what I said, then you know what I mean-- I got the answer and it relieved me from my misery, it finally made sense.

Writing puts everything into perspective. Then all I have to do is to draw a conclusion. Its dissecting, separating out the obvious and throwing the unnecessary, piecing together a jig-saw and seeking my answer. This is my Focussed Perception. Writing is the microscope I use to look at my perceptions with clarity, with focus.

Sometimes, its us who make ourselves miserable. "Applause!"

:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Candid perception,kaustav. For me, more than the focussed perception ..i liked the honesty in your perception.. keep it up dude...!!. you are good the way you are ..don't ever change..!!

Cheers
Melwyn